Thursday, February 15, 2007

Has it really been that long?

I have been caught up in so many things...I just realized how long it has been since I posted anything.

I have been crazy lately. I have had these fits of anger..yelling and being angry...I have to shut myself up in my room and just get over it.

I was really upset with my Son....he told me that he thought it was okay for women in the military to go into combat. I had a fit and told him that I thought it was absolutely ridiculous. I was raised in the military and lived on bases on & off for the 1st 14 years of my life. I just don't believe women should fight in combat. I think it is genocide of sorts...but I felt really bad that he thought it was okay as long as it was their choice. I felt bad that I yelled at him but I can't help but wonder how he came by these opinions at 13 years old...I apologized to him and told him that I was wrong to get upset and that he had a right to his own opinion. But, geez...what has happened that women are no longer considered caretakers, molders, nuturers of children...instead now they are fighting battles. Yes, I know that women have been warriors through history...but it just shocked me that my Son had an opinion as strong as he did. I know he is growing up and developing his own thinking...I just hope that he will become more conservative as he marries and raises children....and doesn't send his daughters off to fight!

That's my thought for the day... as distracted and bizarre as it is.

No comments: